Sunday, July 26, 2009

Watch Mayweather vs Marquez Online Live Stream



Watch Mayweather vs Marquez Online Live Stream
After a setback, the much-anticipated bout between Floyd Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez is back on.

Unbeaten Floyd Mayweather Jr. will make his celebrated return to the ring Sept. 19, the rescheduled date for his 12-round welterweight showdown against Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The HBO Pay-Per-View fight, billed as "Number One/Numero Uno," had originally been set for July 18 before Mayweather (39-0, 25 KOs) suffered a rib injury in training that forced a postponement. The fight will now take place in conjunction with Mexican Independence Day, traditionally a big boxing weekend.

"I am relieved to be cleared to fight as I was already looking forward to getting back into the ring,'' said Mayweather, who last fought in December, 2007 when he knocked out England's previously unbeaten Ricky Hatton and then months later announced he was retiring.

"When I get back into the ring, I plan to show my fans what they've been missing these past 18 months. I will destroy Marquez and reclaim my rightful place as boxing's pound-for-pound king all in one night."

While fans' opinions might vary on who's really boxing's No. 1 pound-for-pound champion, virtually every world-ranking list has bestowed Manny Pacquiao with the mythical mantle that Mayweather vacated and now wants back.

Marquez, a five-time world champion in three weight classes, figures to throw his name into the pound-for-pound debate. He's already considered "Numero Uno" in his native Mexico and vows to show Mayweather why he's so highly regarded.

"I am glad Mayweather has been cleared to fight and we can get down to business,'' Marquez said. "My win will be for all the people and entire country of Mexico. I am sure of victory."

In February, Marquez (50-4-1, 37 KOs) stopped lightweight champion Juan Diaz in a brutal display of aggression. But he made perhaps the most lasting impression in his two fights against Pacquiao, losing a close decision in their rematch last year after fighting him to a draw in 2004.

Mayweather, 32, says he thought Marquez, 35, did enough to win both fights against Pacquiao and figures he'll have his hands full when they meet.

"Marquez is a warrior who's been around the sport a long time,'' Mayweather said. "I didn't want to fight a has-been when I came back. I wanted to fight one of the best in the sport, and that's what Marquez is. I'm not overlooking him and, hopefully, he's not overlooking me even though he might be thinking I'm a little rusty."

Mayweather says he won't know the effects of the longest layoff of his career until he actually fights. "The one thing I can say for sure is that when you're facing Floyd Mayweather, you're facing the best,'' he said.

Mayweather made the announcement of his comeback on the same morning of the May 2 fight between Pacquiao and Hatton. Since then, some within the sport have criticized Mayweather for choosing Marquez rather than going directly against the fighter ranked the No. 1 pound-for-pound champ.

"Mayweather could have fought Manny Pacquiao. He just had to wait one day,'' said Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach, speaking at the news conference following Pacquiao's crushing one-punch knockout of Hatton.

"I think he's scared of Pacquiao because he chose Marquez. But we're not going to wait around. I like to keep Manny busy. A busy fighter is a good fighter. I'd like to get a fight in November or December and we're not going to wait around for anybody. If (Miguel) Cotto wants to come down a few pounds, we can make it happen. If Shane Mosley wants to come down a few pounds, we can make that happen."

Mayweather, a six-time world champion in five weight classes, says he's not dodging anyone but maintains he has earned the right to choose whom he fights after paying his dues in the professional ranks for 11 years—10 as a world champion.

"Everybody wants to fight me because they know I'm who they can make the most money with,'' Mayweather said. "When you talk boxing, you talk Floyd Mayweather. I've been away for almost a couple of years and every time you pick up any magazine or anywhere I go, people talk about me. I'm still the fighter the fans want to see."

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Macys Printable Coupons